James Stewart, Photographer
Thank you for taking the time to have a look at my website – I really hope you enjoy the content.
On the home page you’ll find a small portfolio of my work but I’ve also provided links to a few full weddings on the featured page. This is because I think it’s really important for you to see some complete weddings from beginning to end. That way you get a better idea of how I cover the day and of course, it will also tell you if my photographic style is what you’re looking for.
My Approach To Your Wedding
A wedding for me is about two people in love, celebrating with their closest friends and family. It’s a privilege to be able to photograph such an important occasion and I do it with minimal interference. I never impose but simply blend in with your guests, capturing the real story without any fuss. Every wedding is approached with an open mind and there are no set routines or uncomfortable poses – in fact you’ll hardly notice I’m there.
I pride myself on the beautiful, relaxed portraits I create; they are gorgeous, natural and creative, a true reflection of you as a couple. I also shoot a few family groups, depending on your preference. Both are created quickly with the minimum of fuss, allowing you to enjoy more time with your guests.
“I cannot recommend James enough… He is kind, considerate and professional. His photographs are absolutely amazing and he knows how to capture a moment that will last forever. His unobtrusive style mean that we felt at ease, we barley knew he was around but he managed to capture our day perfectly.” – Emma Allen
A bit about me
I’ve been been a full time photographer for 15 years now and have photographed 500+ weddings. I love photography and I love people so it really is the perfect job. But, outside photography what makes me tick? Here are just a few of my favourite things…
- I love coffee, real ale, not ‘craft’ beer, proper traditional british beer. Then there’s red wine, there’s nothing finer than getting comfy in front of the fire with a good film and a glass of Pinot Noir.
- I’m a vinyl junkie and a lover of music, new and old. The last gig was Embrace at Ally Pally and a couple of weeks before that Fontaines DC at the Leadmill. My last album was Ghosteen by Nick Cave, on vinyl, obviously.
- I’m a mountain biker and more recently enjoy a bit of road cycling too, must be an age thing? I have raced at a high level and travelled the UK and Europe searching for the perfect trail, I think Andora is winning at the moment.
- If I’m not cycling I’m outdoors walking, running and enjoying the fact that Sheffield is perfectly placed to enjoy the glorious Peak District. We are spoilt but as well as the Peak I love the South Coast, Purbeck in particular where my parents have a place and I will always have a soft spot for the Lakes and Scotland.
- I love a good rom com, Richard Curtis is a genius, Four Weddings and a Funeral, Notting Hill and Love Actually, all firm favourites. Game of Thrones, Peaky Blinders and the Crown if we’re talking box sets. I’m also a huge fan of Star Wars and Harry Potter. My daughter and I were at the Harry Potter Studio Tour in Watford just before Christmas…for the 4th time!
So, if you’re looking for an experienced wedding photographer who is kind, considerate and professional and who’s photographs are absolutely amazing, hopefully you’ve come to the right place. Get in touch, I’d love to hear about your plans.